Gate valve

Place:
GES-2

Project: History and architecture of GES-2
Section: Historic equipment of GES-2

With the help of this cast-iron valve, it was possible to regulate the volume of steam in GES-2’s pipelines. The neighbouring element was used to merge or divide steam flows. Both components were made at the Gustav List mechanical plant next door to GES-2 on the Sofiyskaya Embankment at the turn of the twentieth century. The List factory had the right to mark its products with the state ensign, which certified the high quality of its products.

Central Power Station equipment
Photo: City railways. 1903-1911. Publication of Moscow town council. М., 1912
Valves in the engine room, 2016
Photo: Gleb Leonov
/