A professional recording studio makes it possible to record, edit, mix, master new compositions, as well as create audio tracks for movies, television, and advertising. Performing musicians can use the workshop as a rehearsal facility. The B–211 Steinway & Sons concert grand piano takes pride of place in the studio.
The video studio provides users with professional video cameras, equipment for creating special effects and conducting multi-camera live broadcasts, workstations with non-linear editing and colour correction systems. Visual artists can get advice and technical support for their projects here. In addition, users of the audio and video studio based at the workshop can conduct research, experiments and create technical developments in sound and video.
head of the audio/video studio
Graduated from Barnaul State Pedagogical Institute where he studied sound engineering. Started working as a sound engineer at the institute. Built recording studios and worked in them. As a leading sound engineer, he participated in concerts at Russia’s leading venues. He has recorded and mixed the works of many Russian artists. At the Vaults, Alexander manages the work of the audio/video studio.
Studied at the Music and Audio Institute of New Zealand, specialising in audio engineering and music production. Worked in MMS Records studio. He does live sound at Kozlov Club and supervises music programmes at Musical Wave School. At the Vaults workshops, Kirill helps with sound recording, mixing, editing and mastering.
Graduated from Yaroslavl State University, worked as a web applications programmer, then moved into video production. Studied at Moscow Film School, worked as a film editor and cameraman. At the Vaults, Mikhail assists video artists in the shooting and post-production stages, and is also involved in audio/video studio projects.
Equipment / Audio Studio
- AVID S6 Modular Sound Recorder + Pro Tools Ultimate
- AVID MTRX audio interface
- Prism Sound ADA-8XR modular Ad/DA converters
- Bricasti Design M7M reverb processor
- Lexicon PCM96 Surround reverb processor
- PMC IB1S-AIII active studio monitors
- NEUMANN U 87 Ai, NEUMANN TLM 49 studio microphones
- SJC Custom drum kit
- Roland TD-17KVX electronic drum kit
- B-211 Steinway & Sons grand piano
Equipment / Video Studio
- Canon EOS C200 video camera
- Blackmagic Design URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 cinema camera
- Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve colour correction application
- Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K live production switcher
- Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Extreme 8K HDR studio recorder
- Blackmagic Design SmartView 4K professional broadcast monitor
- Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K
- Genelec 8320A active surround audio system
- Drawmer MC7.1 surround monitor controller
- Apple Mac Pro 7.1 workstation + software package